Friday, March 20, 2009


Preston had to go to California on a business trip and since we are celebrating our 7th year anniversary as well as my 30th birthday this month, I got to come along. We had so much fun! Thank you to my sister Leslie, sister-in-law Carolee and my mother-in-law Cindy, for babysitting the kids for us. We stayed at the Ayres Hotel in Aneheim which was so beautiful. We also were able to squeeze in a couple of days playing at Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland and Huntington Beach. Oh, and the best part was we finally got our picture taken with Mickey Mouse. I swear we miss him everytime we go. Although we had fun without the kids, it would have been nice to share the trip with them. But maybe in a couple of years when they will actually remember the trip.

Oh, We also came across a great restaurant, Claim Jumpers. If you ever visit Anaheim, make sure you make the trip to Claim Jumpers. The food was delicious, well priced for the huge portions, and the service was awesome. They were so nice to us. We got free dessert everytime we came. Yes, we went there 3 different times becuase we liked it so much. Check out the slice of their 6 layer chocolate cake they gave me for my birthday. Yummy!!!!! Preston was in heaven becuase they let him special order their Widow Maker Burger with exta onion rings and a fried egg on it. Yes, and he ordered that all three times. Hopefully the name doesn't mean much but just in case I have insisted that he added a couple more miles to his gym routine. :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome you were able to go with Preston. Sounds like you had loads of fun. MAtt and I are taking a trip the end of next week to the same place. We are going on an Art tour with his class. Matt's mom is driving down here to stay with the kids so we can go together. I am so excited and I want to try out the restaurant you suggested. I just want that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks like you guys had A LOT of fun. I'm SO jealous that you got to go to Disneyland. I sure wish Cor and I could go away and have some fun without the kiddo's for our anniversary too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic trip and what better time to celebrate than SEVEN years married and the big 3-0 birthday. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! Don't forget to keep celebrating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY:-) Sorry it's late:-( I hope you guys had fun celebrating the BIG 30!!! You are AWESOME! We love you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys! I hope you don't mind but I found your blog through Jamie's blog. How are you? It's too bad we didn't know you guys were coming to Orange County we would of loved to stop by Disneyland to say hi. Glad you had fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had so much fun on your trip! Every couple should take advantage of the opportunity to go to Disneyland without their kids! :) You've got me intrigued by Claim Jumper now. There's one by my house. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete