Friday, July 17, 2009

May and June weren't my favorite months. Yes, I did enjoy the tulips and Mother's Day.....but I didn't enjoy the curve ball thrown our way. You see, at the beginning of May we found out that we were expecting. We were really excited. Until I started bleeding. And of course....it started on Mother's Day. That was a lovely gift to receive. A couple days of bleeding went by and the pregnancy tests came up negative so I assumed I was having a miscarriage.
Well those days turned into weeks and by the first of June I was still bleeding. I was told that it was somewhat normal so I wasn't too worried just emotionally down. Until I started cramping. And when I say cramping I mean really bad. I sat at home until I was dilated to an 8 cm when I was pregnant with Abigail, so I know what pain is. Yeah, this was just like that. I called my OB and she had me do some blood work to check my hcg levels. The next day the cramping was so bad that I spent the day curled up on the couch with a heating pad. So, I called my OB again and she had me come in the next morning to see what was going on. She did an ultrasound and found a large cyst on my right ovary, a blood sac in my uterus and pool of blood in my pelvis. I then was told I was having an Ectopic Pregnancy and that I had possible ruptured one of my fallopian tubes and was then scheduled for emergency Laproscopic Surgery that afternoon. I have to say....being told that I might have lost a tube and that my chances of having any future children would be cut in half has got to be the worst experience in my life so far. And hopefully the last.
I called Preston and he raced home from work and my mother-in-law came up to take the kids back to her house. I was not looking forward to the surgery nor was I physically prepared for it. I only had a small bowl of cereal that morning and was told I was on an immediate fast from food and water. So, hearing that my veins collapsed during surgery wasn't a surprise. The surgery went great and I woke up to my sweet husband and my wonderful parents. Oh, and IV's in my hands and bruises up and down my arms from the collapsed veins.
I am so thankful for the beautiful blessing my husband gave me, and for all of the prayers that were said on my behalf. I trully believe that that made the surgery such a success and I was able to keep both of my tubes and ovaries. I will be forever grateful to all of you. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Paige, I'm so glad that you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige,

    I thought I had you on reader and didn't realize until your sweet comment on facebook that I was missing posts from you. I am so sorry for your loss and am so grateful to hear that things went as well as could be expected.

    It was good to see you at the shower. Take care of yourself...and the rest will come (because you want it to).

    ReplyDelete