Thursday, February 12, 2009

Funny Moment. I was babysitting my niece and nephew yesterday. We had tons of fun and having four children under the age of 5 is really good birth control. (Sorry to both sets of Grandparents who are just waiting for another announcement from us.) Anyways, I thought it would be nice to get them all dressed up and go play in the snow. We received about a foot on monday, 5 more inches yesterday so it was perfect. It took me about 30 min. to get us all dressed and ready to go, and I think they lasted only 15 min outside becuase it was so cold. So, to make a this already long post shorter; I spent another 20 min getting everyone undressed and back inside. However, getting my nieces snowsuit off was a different story. Somehow, her zipper handle was broken, and being the good mother that I try to be, I made sure I zipped her coat all the way to the top. Well, the zipper would not unzip. I tried everything from pulling from one side to the other, wax, WD40 and still no luck. I frantically called my mother who gave me even more tips but they didn't work. And my niece must have a larger head then most becuase I couldn't even pull it off without the zipper being undone. Poor thing was so distraut. She thought she would have to wear her coat until her parents came home from their trip. So.........I had reached my last resort......scissors. Yep, you guessed it. I had to cut the zipper off the coat at least 5 inches down just so I could pull it up over her head. Funny moment in an already hectic day. Ain't life grand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment